FOUNDER, HEAD TRAINER & MOVEMENT THERAPIST
Founder at the award winning Commando Temple. An Independent strength and movement facility built from scratch with a TEAM of top coaches!
An Experienced Strength and movement coach with thousands of hours of direct client contact time.
Bridging the gap between physiotherapy and the strength and conditioning world.
Military preparation specialist having worked with Royal Marines, Paras, 21 SAS, Fire Brigade, Police, Navy, Army, RAF, Body Guards and Close Protection.
No nonsense approach to achieving the desired goal. If you work for him and do your homework (There will be a lot of it 😉 he will transform you!
Rob competes as an Athlete and has both world records and national titles in some of those disciplines…He can help you, the question is do you want to put the work in!!
Rob joined the Royal Marines in 2000 and spent eight great years working in a strong community of loyal, dedicated and resilient human beings.
“In 2006 I was loving life, feeding my need to learn, and becoming mean, lean and fighting keen! I THRIVED ON IT! However that year I suffered two prolapsed discs in my lumbar spine and shortly afterwards had spinal surgery at 24 years of age.
The life I had set up was diverted but I can’t stand negativity, laziness or procrastination.
THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE WASTES TIME AND DENIES US ALL OF LIFE’S ADVENTURES!
There was only one choice for me, I was hungry to get back on top, with zero excuses and pure focus! It may seem like a selfish act to some but I promised myself to NEVER be that guy to suffer from lack of strength…poor movement or ridiculed by pain!
Long days…many courses…lots of time learning, improving and bettering my position to deliver the very best educational systems for myself…and those I coach/train.
Today I run the award winning Commando Temple Gym and compete as an athlete able to manage my body and keep up with the young guns 😉
The Temple is unlike any training space in the UK delivering education and knowledge to professional athletes, strength enthusiasts and fluid movement monkeys!
The people I attract and the professionals I coach are a large part of the Temple’s success!
The Commando Temple has been built from scratch to house the greatest strength and conditioning equipment on the planet!
I am a results-driven guy who thrives on improving athletes and clients who have been struggling to overcome problematic circumstances or injury.
The Commando Temple coaches have all started out as apprentice trainers and I am chuffed to call them my colleagues.
Who is Commando Rob?
Commando Rob is a no-nonsense, ruthlessly goal-driven strength and movement therapist that loves to compete and thrive! If you want to transform your life or simply turn into a spartan (or female equivalent) I will get you there…
KEY NOTES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Royal Marines Commando, eight years
- 1000s of coaching and treatment hours working with clients, sports teams and professional athletes!
- Regular contributor to various health, strength magazines and National press
- Anatomy Trains Level 1
- Anatomy Trains ‘Walking the lines’ With James Earls (Gait assessment)
- Specialist Exercise Instructor in the management of lower back pain
- Integrating strength and conditioning with the rehabilitation of runners
- Osteopathic techniques for the foot and ankle complex
- Simplifying the Shoulder with Martin Scott MSc, BSc, MCSP
- IAM TOOLS Advanced Course
- Osteopathic techniques for the foot and ankle (Claire Slater)
- Sport and Remedial Massage Practitioner DIP (LSSM)
- Myofascial Release Certification (Taught by Alex Fugallio)
- Myofascial Release ‘The Function Junction’ and Iliac Crest! (Noah Karrasch)
- Full Body Assessment and Postural corrective Coaching (Jason Anderson)
- Functional Tissue Release ‘Foot, Ankle and Knee’ (Jason Anderson)
- Functional Tissue Release of the Spine (Jason Anderson)
- First Aid at Work
- Dan Johns Intervention workshop
- Andy Bolton and Benedikt Magnusson powerlifting workshop
- Strongman coaching and training with Laurence Shahlaei (Twice Britain’s strongest man)
- Kettlebell sport workshop with Gregor Sobocan (Slovenian head coach)
- Integrating strength and conditioning for runners.
- Gym Jones ‘first degree instructor certification’ Taken by Mark Twight and Rob MacDonald
- Mike Mahler’s ‘Aggressive Strength Training’ Level One Hormone Optimisation Workshop
- Steve Maxwell’s Workshop in Advanced Bodyweight Movements and Mobility Drills
- Strong First Lifter certified
- Strong First Instructor Level 2
- United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Level 2 Associate
- UKSCA Level 1 Workshop
- UKSCA Plyometric, Speed and Agility Workshop
- UKSCA Olympic Lifting Certification
- UKSCA Planning Effective Programs Workshop
- ‘Bulgarian Bag Specialist Instructor’ (Taught by Ivan Ivanov)
- Advanced CRB – checked for working with juniors
- Insured up to £5 million for working with top level athletes and associations
- Has been known to increase camaraderie on more than one occasion!
- Grip training and steel bending coach, World and British record holder
Move easier…remove the pain…be stronger…become the athlete!
RACES/ADVENTURES/CHALLENGES in the last few years
Triple Marathon: Atlantic Coast Challenge, three marathons in three days
- The Wall ultra marathon: 69 mile foot race in 24hrs from Carlisle to Newcastle
- Ascending Mont Blanc
- Ascending Mount Toubkal
- Completing the three peaks in under 20hrs (Twice)
- Completing Tough Guy three times (top 40 finisher)
- World record holder in several grip events including the meathook deadlift @ 286kg (a record over 5 weight divisions)
- Worlds strongest hands winner @ 83kg class
- Britains Strongest Hands under 83kg class winner 2014
- Britains strongest hands winner 2015
- 48kg pull up-55kg Get Up-120kg farmers (each hand) over 50metres
- flipping a 512kg tyre
- Sub 18 minute 5K sub 38 minute 10k
- 48kg KB Mill press
- Bending the Iron Mind red nail and horse shoes 🙂