Nominated for Strength Training Gym of the Year 2015 and winner of Lewisham Business Awards Best New Business 2015, the Commando Temple Gym is 3000 square feet of world-class training space.
Sheltered under 3 railway arches between Deptford and Greenwich our unique facility ranks as one of the best gyms in London.
Located in south east London, under three arches of the Greenwich to London Bridge rail link, and only a ten-minute walk from Deptford, Greenwich town centre & New Cross train stations, the Commando Temple gym is a facility that combines all the usual strength and conditioning apparatus with more unconventional equipment. Every last inch of the Commando Temple houses specialist equipment and there’s always a trained expert on hand to offer help and advice.
The gym is open from 6 am until 9 pm, Monday to Friday and 8 am until 5 pm on Saturday. We offer a range of membership options to suit your budget and lifestyle. Regardless of your training background or level of health, we treat all our members as professional athletes and welcome them as an integral part of the Commando Temple community from the moment they join.
If you have more specialised requirements, we have an unparalleled collection of made-to-measure Strongman, Calisthenics and Martial Arts equipment, as well as the Grip Cave – the largest assortment of grip training and steel-bending equipment you’ll find in any gym in London.
We have a Functional training rig with Manilla climbing ropes, war machines, TRX suspension equipment, a climbing wall and a whole host of other purposeful kit including a full range of professional grade barbells and free weights.
We have equipment in every weight, shape and size – from a full selection of conventional kettlebells and medicine balls through to Atlas stones, 100-kilo anvils and 145-kilo Husafell stones. We want our clients to learn how to use their bodies correctly, in real-life situations, fuelling with right nutrition, lifting a range of weights and moving their bodies the right way.
We also run a full menu of conditioning and combat sport group classes throughout the week, with trainers who are qualified experts in Conditioning, Rehabilitation, Calisthenics, Powerlifting, weightlifting and martial arts. Our Temple Fight Club classes, consisting of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Muay Thai and Brazilian jui jitsu (BJJ), are fully equipped with safety equipment, gloves, pads, mats & punch bags, nd are led by experienced, qualified, professional coaches, some of whom still fight at the top level of their respective disciplines.
- Open 6am – 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 5pm Saturday
- Range of membership options to suit your lifestyle, including 3 month packages
- Tons of specialist fitness equipment
- Expert personal trainers
- A WIDE RANGE OF FUN Group classes
- Dedicated martial arts training studio
- Sports rehab experts
- Easily accessible from London Bridge, Cannon Street, Bank, Deptford, New Cross, Greenwich
- Free parking
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
BOOK A TOUR OF THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
“ONE OF THE BEST-EQUIPPED GYMS IN LONDON!”
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- 200 kg loadable suitcase carry
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- The Grip Cave – the largest assortment of grip training and steel-bending equipment in the UK
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Heavy resistance bands
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Manila climbing ropes and a 7 m rig
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Solid 30 mm rubber flooring throughout the temple
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs