MODIFIED STRONGMAN AT THE COMMANDO TEMPLE
Modified Strongman Training Classes at London’s Commando Temple with resident coach Charlie Clay
Whether you’re preparing for a Strongman competition or just want to see what you’re made of, get set for a strength training workout that challenges you like no other at the Commando Temple Gym’s Modified Strongman Classes. It’s a high octane and high energy session using the traditional Strongman kit, often in untraditional ways. You’ll learn technique, work hard, and have loads of fun in the process.
Strongman Charlie will have you carrying your training partner around the block on your shoulders, building isometric tension in your body through partner-assisted resistance drills, then exploding into action with an assortment of specialised strongman training techniques. We regularly include kettlebell drills, sandbag & keg carries, loaded steps, carrying weights down the street and flipping tyres in our weekly training programs.
Modified Strongman Training Classes are attended by beginners and veteran athletes alike, forming a strong, motivated, supportive and encouraging community. Expect to be welcomed, tested, and pushed to your limits in this high energy (and high volume) workout session where keeping up with the crowd is the order of the day. All with a powerful background soundtrack from the Gym’s sound system and your classmates calls to spur you on as you squeeze out that all important last rep, step or flip! Every class is a Strongman event of its own.
There’s no better introduction to the Strongman world for those looking for gym classes with a difference or for ambitious competitors looking to supplement their training program with some of the strongest and most experienced gym instructors London has to offer. Whether you’re looking to torch body fat or get ready for the next strongman event, we guarantee strong results!
And it’s not just for the boys. Oldtime Strongman Classes are open to the Strong Women in our lives as well, all are welcome.
Strongman Events Training
Ecah class, we will gather to lift, carry and move some heavy weights around.
The structure is simple, an overhead lift, a carry and a loading event, trained to max effort, then finished off by putting all 3 together under the same conditions you would be doing them in competition.
Expect log press, axle press, yoke, farmers walk, Hussafel stone carries, Atlas stone loading and much more.
They will run on a 3 week rotation and then switch to a different set of events following the same template.
This is the perfect class for all levels of strong men and women alike.
Strongman Training Classes with Charlie Clay
Price: £20 per class
(discounts for members & monthly packages)
BOOK YOUR NEXT MODIFIED STRONGMAN CLASS ONLINE WITH
THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
The Commando Temple has a world class, unrivalled collection of equipment and apparatus available to our Old Time Strongman Training Classes including:
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150 kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs