KETTLEBELL COACHING & TRAINING AT THE COMMANDO TEMPLE
Kettlebell training is awesome! Though you probably came here because you already know that.
People have been training with kettlebells for centuries now, and the reason for this is that they really work.
For those of you after a little bit more information, you’ve come to the right place.
There are 2 main and distinctly different styles of Kettlebell training; Kettlebell Sport, or GS, and Hardstyle, or RKC/StrongFirst, and here at The Temple we see benefits in both styles. To compare the two would be like comparing a marathon against a sprint…at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference.
Kettlebell Sport comprises of a number of different events; snatch, jerk and long cycle. Kettlebell excercises are mostly performed over a period of 10 minutes for maximum reps in that time period. The challenge in Kettlebell sport is to improve to maintain a steady work rate under load for such a long period of time.
At The Commando Temple we are extremely privileged to have World Class Master of Sport Katarina Helcmanovska as our head Kettlebell Sport coach. With a multitude of medals and records under her belt, Kat is an athlete in the truest sense. Her passion for the sport exudes from her every pore, and during her kettlebells class, she puts her all into teaching attendees technique details that will take you from being a beginner, to developing into an athlete with real promise.
If you’re looking to take your training that step further, one-to-one tuition will help you to fine-tune your technique, and build the steely resolve that an athlete in this field requires.
Hardstyle Kettlebells is about as different to kettlebell sport as you can get. The main focus is to perform each rep with the kettlebell with maximum force and tension and with perfect form. Unlike in kettlebell sport the athlete is looking to be as efficient as possible in each rep in order to produce the highest work output, Hardstyle is practised with a much smaller workload.
For beginners this is the safest possible way to start out, and the aim is not to overload the system, but to develop an extremely safe yet explosive workout while torching body fat and strengthening the body like no other exercise.
London’s Commando Temple houses one of the highest concentration of StrongFirst certified coaches on the planet! With 6 level 1 certified coaches and 1 level 2, there is someone here whose knowledge and personality will fit what you’re after. Over the last 3 years we have also trained over 10 individuals to pass the StrongFirst certification, with a 100% success rate.
For others looking for a safe yet tough training session, Hardstyle Kettlebell classes are perfect. They cater to people of all abilities, and we promise they will challenge everyone.
If you’re looking for a coach for one-to-one tuition you just need to ask, and we’ll put you in touch with one of the finest hardstyle kettlbell coaches in the country….guaranteed!
BOOK YOUR NEXT CLASS ONLINE OR CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE GYM AND OUR SERVICES.
Kettlebell Class with Alex Strambanu
Price: £20 per class
(discounts for members & monthly packages)
BOOK YOUR NEXT KETTLEBELL CLASS ONLINE WITH
THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
The Commando Temple has a world class, unrivalled collection of equipment and apparatus available to our Old Time Strongman Training Classes including:
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150 kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs