KETTLEBELL COACHING & TRAINING AT THE COMMANDO TEMPLE
More than just a dynamic little accessory for everyone’s home gym, these powerful cast iron bells are deeply ingrained in Russian history – meaning they’re destined to be in the hands of the strong, right?
Following its use in the Russian army, the craze for the kettlebell spread so vast that it was no longer a mere conditioning tool, but it developed its own sport and was even declared the national sport. It was even advocated as a mandatory form of training for all workers during the Cold War since it was proven to bring a fitter population with higher productivity. So forget the trendy brain supplements, grab yourself a kettlebell and put in some candid hard graft!
Commando Temple kettlebell cater for both Hardstyle and Kettlebell Sport disciplines. We have full sets of both typs of kettlebell, including some very rare monsters up to 92KG!
The kettlebell requires strength, mobility, balance, coordination and mental tenacity, so this is the ultimate conditioning workout for both the seasoned athlete and the gym newbie. Gain total mastery of the kettlebell with a safe, yet explosive workout which will see you torching body fat and strengthening your body so it is primed for all of life’s hankerings. Our overall aim in these classes is to develop fool proof form, performing each movement with maximum force and tension so your body is fit to shrug off the most demanding of applications.
For those wanting to take their training one step further, Kettlebell Sport adopts simple rules but with a savage task at hand. With three main events (snatch, jerk, and long cycle), the aim is to perform the prescribed exercise for a maximum number of reps in 10 minutes. Looking to throw yourself deeper into that lactic-acid whirlpool? Kettlebell Marathon (60 minutes for maximum reps) or Kettlebell Pentathlon (5 different lifts at 5 different weights, performed for 6 minutes over 50 minutes) is for the braves and most accomplished of the sport. If you’re ready to level up, let one of our coaching team introduce you to the wonderful world of competition.
If group classes aren’t your thing, we also offer 1-1 tuition with a member of our leading coaching team. Commando Temple houses one of the highest concentrations of StrongFirst certified coaches in the world, meaning there’s always someone here with the knowledge and personality to meet your needs.
Joining is easy! Contact us now to start becoming the strongest you can be at the Commando Temple Gym or enquire about Personal Training, bespoke group workshops and events.
THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
The Commando Temple has a world class, unrivalled collection of equipment and apparatus available to our Old Time Strongman Training Classes including:
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150 kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs