Powerlifting Club at London’s Commando Temple.
We have a thriving powerlifting community at The Commando Temple, with members of all abilities training to get stronger and lift heavier. We welcome total beginners as well as top athletes to the three competition lifts: Squat, Bench and Deadlift. We break these down to the individual components of each movement, focusing on technique, consistency and troubleshooting niggles and obstacles in order to maximise your progress.
Whether you’re currently competing in powerlifting championships, need to break through a plateau to reach the next level, or are completely new to the powerlifters world, there’s a place for you at the London Powerlifting Club.
Our sessions imitate the competition lifting process, with additional movements and exercises introduced on an individual basis to help lifters improve results records, address specific issues or weaknesses and get results!
We train top athletes side-by-side with complete newcomers, and everyone learns more about their own lifting in the process. Individual development plans are issued to all participants, to maximise progress and ensure that every session is tailored to the distinct needs of each team member.
The Commando Temple Gym’s links with the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) ensures we stay up to date with latest in regulations and trends. Lifters can be assured their training is inline with national standards for competing in powerlifting contests.
POWERLIFTING CLUB CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE – CONTACT US ABOUT 121 COACHING AND WORKSHOPS
THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
The Commando Temple has a world class, unrivalled collection of equipment and apparatus available to our Old Time Strongman Training Classes including:
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150 kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs
[testimonials_cycle random=”true” count=’5′ width=’100%’ category=’paul-marsh’ theme=’avatar-left-style’ transition=’fade’ timer=’10000′ pause_on_hover=’1′ auto_height=’calc’]