FURNACE HIIT CLASSES AT THE COMMANDO TEMPLE
Monday night Furnace
Furnace will help you develop strength, stability and power in multiple func-tional movement patterns. Monday nights at the Furnace are based on callis-thenics and running – think a military style PT session designed to improve your athleticism and fitness.
What you can expect from this class is that you will be led on a run from the Commando Temple to a nearby park where the workout will start. This is not a run club. The workouts are mainly bodyweight exercises however you may be asked to carry your partner (post-Covid). The class covers sprinting intervals as well as movements like burpees, press-ups, squats and lunges. We also use of agility ladders, cones and many more – however this suitable for all levels (as are all our classes unless stated otherwise).
Monday night Furnace is the ultimate conditioning training to your max. It is the most fun you can have whilst sweating this much… Well, almost!
Wednesday night Furnace
Have you ever wanted to train strongman implements but are not sure where to start? Look no further! Furnace will test you like no other group class for-mat.
Instead of record-breaking feats of strength, Furnace uses lighter loads for the most effective fat burning workout you have come across. Think hammers, kettlebells, sandbags, slam balls, ropes, dumbbells, your own bodyweight – you name it. All this and a bit of running, what more could you want.
This revolutionary workout makes use of different toys and tactics that you would otherwise only see in a World’s Strongest Man circuit. Furnace ses-sions always include a variety of cardiovascular elements as well as weights. We are maximising utilising resistance, applying tempo and unilateral work for maximal gains. Furnace thereby takes your personal fitness onto a whole other level.
Furnace teaches the uses of various tools and tactics to get you fit so that you too can unleash your inner Thor. This means that Wednesday nights at the Furnace are one of our hardest classes.
Sessions are being adjusted according to your fitness level. Speak to one of our coaches should you feel unsure about anything.
BOOK YOUR NEXT CLASS ONLINE OR CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE GYM AND OUR SERVICES.
Mondays at 19:00 - 20:00 (Gas Tank (HIIT))
Wednesdays at 19:00 - 20:00 (HIIT)
Price: £20 per class
(discounts for members & monthly packages)
BOOK YOUR NEXT CLASS ONLINE WITH
THE COMMANDO TEMPLE GYM
The Commando Temple has a world class, unrivalled collection of equipment and apparatus available to our Old Time Strongman Training Classes including:
- Training logs, plate loadable at 40 kg, 62.5 kg and 80 kg
- Conan’s Wheel with built-in Viking Press
- Kegs weighing 27 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 65 kg, 80 kg and 100 kg
- Replica Dinnie stones weighing 104 kg, 147 kg and 207 kg
- Poliquin and Watson strongman bars
- 227 kg, 350 kg and 512 kg tyres
- Farmer’s walk handles weighing 40kg, 150 kg (plate loadable) and a pair of plates
- Eight Atlas platforms and stones weighing 30 kg, 40 kg, 55 kg, 63 kg, 77 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 143 kg
- Husafell stones weighing 55 kg, 75 kg, 100 kg, 125 kg and 140kg
- Adjustable yoke
- Thomas Inch-style circus bells weighing 21 kg, 32 kg, 43 kg, 65.9 kg, 71.7 kg and three at 78 kg
- Texas Power Bar, safety squat bar, hex bar
- Texas Deadlift Bar
- Blacksmiths anvil weighing 126 kg (and pimped for additional uses) and 56 kg anvil
- Thick stubby 2 1/2″ and 3″ bars, long axle bar, Watson Dr Tom’s Combo Bar
- Iron Mind pulling harness
- Olympic lifting platforms with Taishan competition plates
- Kettle bells up to 93.3 kg
- Chalk and lots of it!
- Dumbbells up to 80 kg in pairs